With the recent release of Naval Campaigns - Kriegsmarine we have started to update the other titles in the Naval Campaigns series.
The first upgraded game in the series is Wolfpack, focused on the German U-Boat operations in the Second World War. With much of the graphics done within the new Kriegsmarine, it was relatively little work to migrate all the updates across to this prior title. The key changes are as follows:
- New ship and map graphics
- New map views, adding in 4 additional zoom levels
- Implemented support for DirectX 11
- Secondary Gun Changes - Adding a Secondary hit % value to the pdt to modify the base-to-hit equation.
- Secondary Gun Changes – Removed parameter preventing firing at small ships.
- New Range Finding Tool – left-click on main chart and drag to desired destination.
- New “Current Target” indicating line on map during game play.
- New Lua Scripting engine to enhance A/I performance. (No new scripts yet.)
- Updated documentation.
- Included the Advanced Guide by Gary McClellan.
Following are some shots from within the upgraded title (all images can be clicked for full-size):
You can buy Naval Campaigns - Wolfpack directly from this page
If you already own the game you can download the update from this link
We have plans to tackle the remaining titles in the Naval Campaigns series over the summer, so you can expect to see these enhancements in all the titles.
With the Wargame Design Studio Summer Sale entering its second week, it’s a great opportunity to pick up any game from this series in anticipation of the upgrades.
Thanks to all that have supported us in the first week of the sale, we hope you are enjoying your new purchases!
Till we speak again.