Panzer Campaigns 4.03 Updates – Western Front
With the recent release of Panzer Campaigns - Philippines ’44, we are starting the process of upgrading the Panzer Campaigns, First World War Campaigns and Modern Campaigns series to version 4.03.
The 4.03 version was the release standard for the Philippines ‘44 title and as is the Wargame Design Studio (WDS) norm, we are now starting the update process for all titles using the game engine.
A further explanation on versions. Our version numbers are aligned with the version of the game code. This reflects new features, other enhancements or bug fixes to the core software. Data or scenario fixes are not sufficient to warrant a new version number, but we align the release of data changes with an engine release.
We mention this because many of the titles are jumping from version 4.01 to version 4.03. Version 4.02 was rolled out with both Panzer Campaigns France ’40 and the Modern Campaigns series and subsequent issues found justified updating the engine to version 4.03. All previous enhancements from 4.01 and 4.02 will be included in 4.03.
Today, we are updating the six Western Front titles for Panzer Campaigns:
- Panzer Campaigns Bulge ‘44
- Panzer Campaigns France ‘40
- Panzer Campaigns Market-Garden ‘44
- Panzer Campaigns Normandy ‘44
- Panzer Campaigns Scheldt ‘44
- Panzer Campaigns Sealion ‘40
We decided to release these titles first as we wanted to release not only the updated game engine but also a lot of data corrections for France ’40 and Scheldt ’44. Both these titles had extensive scenario and other changes in earlier updates and several issues have been identified. We wanted to get these fixes out to you all as soon as possible.
The other four titles are primarily engine updates, though a number of small data issues have been resolved as well.
For reference here is the Changelog for Market-Garden ’44 showing what is being updated in the move to version 4.03.
Market-Garden ‘44 Patch 4.03 Changelog
- Added a popup warning message if Optional Rule – Programmed Weather is selected but no Weather.dat file is present.
- Fixed a bug where advance after assault was not triggering wired hex side bridge demolition. Full hex bridge demolition was unaffected.
- Restored the Next Stack / Previous Stack functionality. It had erroneously defaulted to Next Unit / Previous Unit.
- Fixed a rare crash to desktop issue when range shading was selected.
Market-Garden ‘44 Patch 4.02 Changelog
- The toolbar last selected and used will now default when opening the game.
- The tool tip for Next Turn is now corrected to Ctrl+N from Ctrl+T.
- A bug where On-Map Results was off and Game Action Speed was above default, resulting in the AI hijacking the players turn has been fixed.
- The Victory screen and anthem failing to show/play has now been corrected.
- For the First World War Campaigns and Modern Campaigns the FWWC & MDC manuals will now load from the Help menu.
- The ‘wrong PBEM password’ error message has been replaced to be clearer.
- Corrected a bug where combat results were showing on-map despite Settings > On Map Results being toggled OFF
- The Speed Change Dialog confirmation is now optional. This can be changed under the Action Speed menu under Settings.
The updates for these six titles are now available at the Panzer Campaigns Updates Page. Please do check that you are downloading the latest version.
If you don’t want to patch your game, you can go to your store account and download the latest 4.03 installer and do a clean install.
We are planning to update all the Panzer Campaigns, First World War Campaigns and Modern Campaigns series to version 4.03 over the next couple of weeks. Keep an eye out for blog posts listing the updated titles as they are released.
Here's some screen shots from this round of updates. All can be clicked for full screen if desired.
Thank you for the updates. Really appreciate the care for your product and respect to your customers.
I hope the First World War Campaigns get the new 2D graphics it’s over due.
Thanks, yet again, for your efforts, care and support. You all reflect the same reasons that I purchased all of John Tillers’ games both at HPS and at JTS; and continue to purchase those developed by yourselves while keeping JT’s stuff alive and well.
Thank you! Y’all really are the best.
Leave a comment