We’re happy to announce that Korsun ’44 Gold is the final Eastern Front Panzer Campaigns Gold release.
Korsun '44 typifies the challenges the Germans were having by the start of 1944. Soviet numbers were overwhelming the German forces resulting in constant desperate defence, forces being surrounded and having to break out. Korsun ’44 shows one of these dramatic confrontations during the winter of 1944. The included Volcano Man Alternate scenarios go beyond Ed William’s usual conversion to standardised values. Korsun ’44 (along with Kursk ’43) is the only game where the campaign games have been redone and rebalanced to ensure more appropriate historical progress. Ed’s scenarios are well worth trying out. In addition, another version of the campaign game is included. Additional notes are included below.
Like the previous ten Gold releases to date, the new Gold version of Korsun '44 includes the following updates and upgrades;
- The game code will now be standardized on the JTS codebase. There will be no further support for the HPS version
- All new ‘complete’ game map
- All new 2D & 3D map graphics
- All new unit graphics and counters on map
- All new unit cards
- All new in game sounds; weapon, explosion, background and miscellaneous
- All released Volcano Man scenarios, including completely new Campaign scenarios
- A brand-new Campaign game by César ‘Indragnir’ Librán Moreno.
- New ‘modern’ toolbar icons
- Code update – disruption no longer halves movement during the day and is reduced by one third at night.
- Code update – reinforcement ‘place all’ has been migrated across from the First World War Campaign series.
César's new Campaign Scenario 0125_01s: The Korsun Pocket Full Campaign VARIANT 1) has used significant new information that has become available over the last couple of years. This information was not available when the original Korsun '44 campaigns were designed. César' has included some very detailed Campaign notes in an included word document. This scenario will be a real delight for prior players of Korsun '44 as the availability of many units has changed and is a worthy addition for the Gold update.
Here are some additional screenshots (all can be clicked to view at full size);
Additional product information is here:
That wraps up the Eastern Front updates for now. The Western Front and Mediterranean will follow later in the year.