We’re proud to announce the release of the Gold version of Panzer Campaigns Moscow ’42.
Following on from the new Smolensk ’41 & Stalingrad ’42 Gold releases, the new Gold version of Moscow '42 includes the following updates and upgrades;
- The game code will now be standardized on the JTS codebase. There will be no further support for the HPS version
- All new ‘complete’ game map
- All new 2D & 3D map graphics
- All new unit graphics and counters on map
- All new unit cards
- All new in game sounds; weapon, explosion, background and miscellaneous
- New ‘modern’ toolbar icons
- Code update – disruption no longer halves movement during the day and is reduced by one third at night.
- Code update – reinforcement ‘place all’ has been migrated across from the First World War Campaign series.
As a reminder for all that may have seen this game, it covers both the historical Winter Counterattack by the Soviets around Moscow in December 1941 as well as a hypothetical (but very plausible), Summer 1942 attack on Moscow - codename Fall Kreml. This was the expected attack that the Soviets had set their defences for and ultimately contributed to the German successes further south during Fall Blau.
Here are some additional screenshots (all can be clicked to view at full size);
Comparison between the originally release map, and the new map - note the 'completed' corners.